Thursday, March 6, 2008

Baby drama

A lot of what "family/domestic" lawyers do anymore in this area is related to custody. It could be part of a divorce, contempt or modificaion of a prior order or just a flat out custody fight between people never married. It can be very interesting and you learn a lot about people and human nature during custody battles, but in the never married category I see to very different groups - men and women. A shock I know.


If it is the man who comes in it generally breaks down to this: a) I know I have to pay child support and I want to see my child; b) It ain't mine and I want a DNA test (it normally is his) and c) I want custody. (This is not all that rare) and d) I want nothing to do with the crazy bitch. I'll pay if I have too for now - catch me if you can later.


On the female side it is much easier to group: a) he is a fucking bastard and he will never see my child, but I want child support, b) he is a fucking bastard and he will never see my child, but I want child support, c)he is a fucking bastard and he will never see my child, but I want child support, and d) he is OK and I will let him see my child.


After I spend 30 minutes or so listening to how this guy is a worthless piece of crap and never was any good, and explaining why he has rights to see the child if not have actual custody and arguing of what is fair and what isn't fair I ALWAYS want to say "Well you fucked him, not me. he couldn't have been all that bad and evil if you decided to drop your panties for him" But I never do. Just know that is what I am thinking when I smile at you while nodding my head and say "I understand".

1 comment:

Mel said...

So glad that I'm not married or procreated with anyone at this point.

Have you ever heard "She's a crazy bitch, she owe's me child support and she never comes see her kid?"

Welcome to my past life.